Monday 28 January 2013

Class 1

Today was great! Started off with a little refresher of what we learned in our Assistive Tech class in the summer, but as Barb said "A bit of repetition isn't a bad thing".

I think my favorite, and most useful part of the day was iMovie!! We had the opportunity to play around with the iPad app and make a movie that was related to assistive technology. I chose not to post it in order to not offend anyone. :) But, here is a video demonstrating the whole program. It's long... but it is a great tutorial.



I can think of a few ways to use it in school. I think it would be great for students who have anxiety about presenting in front of people. They would be able to make neat presentations and email them to their teachers. It is also a neat way to get information out there in a creative way, rather than simply writing down everything you know about the topic that was assigned.



Watching Autism is A World made me think of a lot of the students I have currently and have had in the past.

Presuming Competency- assume they are competent first rather than assume they are not. This is a great term that I heard today. I have to admit it is something that I have never thought of before. It is SO easy to just assume that someone is not competent... that will happen NO MORE for this gal!









No comments:

Post a Comment