Monday 28 January 2013

Class 2

Today we had the opportunity to work with Proloquo! What an amazing app this is!! To be honest, I have heard of it before, and have listened to Assistive Tech people tell me how amazing it is... but when I tried to use it, I thought... hmm I don't quite understand. I didn't really know how much it could do. I am now transformed and am a huge fan!! Here's a little video of it in use.


When my group worked on our project, we found it very time consuming, but I know that the final product was awesome and would be of great use to our "mock student". She was non-verbal and needed something to communicate her wants, needs and general feelings, as well as just having "chat" with people. She did not have any visual impairments so we assumed she would like pink and purple and  made it colorful and pleasing to the 8 year old eye.

Our student had the functional use of only one hand, so we thought that an iPod was the way to go for her; easy to hold and manipulate with one hand and also the small size wouldn't be a problem because she did not have visual problems.
 
We were given a list of a few things that she liked to do, so we incorporated those into her grid and then made up a few of our own that we thought she would need.

I have decided to use this program for my case study, if I get parent permission that is... so stay tuned for more information on Proloquo2go!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment